Saturday

2015 Baking Favorites

Hey everyone! For this week's post, I thought I'd do a little wrap-up of 9 favorite things I baked this year, but since October. I baked all year long, but only got my camera in October and this is when I started taking food pictures. I hope you guys enjoy this post and find something to bake, perhaps even this weekend :)

1. Brown Butter Pumpkin Cupcakes with Salted Caramel Frosting: I made these cupcakes as one of my first fall projects and everyone loved them! They were soft and fluffy and full of pumpkin flavour with a gorgeous salted caramel frosting that was just amazing. They do require a little bit more work as you need to make the sauce (or you can buy some) but they're worth every minute!
(note: I'm not sure if this is the exact recipe I used but if it's not it's the closest I could find)

2. Dulce de Leche Chocolate Cupcakes: This decadent cupcakes is one of my favorite things I've ever baked, hands down. The cupcake is so moist and chocolatey and rich and totally amazing even on its own. It takes some time to make as you there's quite a few steps but the result is so rewarding. Then, cut open  a little hole and fill it with dulce de leche, and then add it to the frosting as well. 
These were devoured by family and friends and I'm not surprised!

3. Pumpkin Snack Cake: This cake. I have no words. I'm an absolute pumpkin addict, and if you don't like this fall staple, this treat might change your mind. Using a whole can of pumpkin, along with a few simple ingredients and an easy cream cheese frosting results in seriously one of the most flavorful, delicious, moist cake ever. I couldn't stop myself from coming back for more, it was amazing. 

4. Gingerbread Cupcakes: Okay, these are kinda Christmasy, but let's be real, any time is good for a cupcake. The steps are pretty simple, and most of the ingredients are spices, and they were seriously addicting. Although my brother wasn't too fond of them, my mom and I were absolutely in love. They're rich and super moist, just wonderful. With some frosting they really are a perfect treat. I added a bit of cinnamon into my frosting for a little burst of flavour. 

5. Ultimate Fudge Brownies: Everyone needs a staple brownie recipe for when that craving hits. I've tested lots, and to be honest, I'm kinda picky when it comes to brownies. Cakey brownie? Nu uh honey. I want a thick, fudgy, chocolatey, moist brownie with a crispy crunchy signature top. These hit the spot perfectly. Seriously, you need these in your life. 

6. My Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookies: Just as with brownies, everyone needs a go-to classic cookie. These are amazing! I still have some recipes pinned I'd like to try, but these were pretty much some of the best ones I've had in my life. Chewy and a bit crunchy around the edges, soft in the middle, full of chocolate. Perfect with a glass of milk!

7. Pumpkin Nutella Cookie Bars: My mom informed me recently that we had a ton of pumpkin frozen in the frigde, and this was my first project. Seriously, nutella and pumpkin could not be a more perfect combination. These are seriously addictive. A moist, slightly crunchy, soft pumpkin cookie bar with nutella sandwiched in the middle...and if you're feeling adventurous, maybe spread a little on top? Not that I tried that...or maybe i did oops

8. Peanut Butter Blossoms: A classic for sure. Sally uses Reece's in this recipe, which sounds marvelous, but I had Kisses on hand, so that's what I went with. So peanut butter-y, soft, creamy, covered in sugar, and oh-so-perfect with that warm melty kiss. Make these. Like, now. 

9. Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars: These are so perfect if you're craving cheesecake but don't want to make a full one. These are actually pretty simple to make, and they're absolutely amazing. My whole family couldn't stop going for more. So creamy and cheesecake-y, and not too sweet, with that perfect pumpkin flavour, and of course, a neccessary swirl of whipped cream. If you don't have pumpkin on hand, or don't like it, you can leave it out and swirl nutella in or something....and I totally need to do that. 


I really hope you guys enjoyed this recap of my top 9 recipes of October - December of 2015, I had so much fun baking all of these and I hope that if you try any you enjoy them as much as I did! Let me know in the comments if you bake something :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment